Equine & Canine Bodywork & More in Gaithersburg, MD
Your horse works hard, whether it’s going for casual rides around your property or prepping for a big international competition. It deserves to be pampered every once in a while.
When your horse is in training, its muscles are under extreme stress, which can lead to injury. Prevent one little slip from ruining your chances in the big competition with routine equine bodywork from Hands on Horses.
Equine bodywork aims to increase your horse’s overall comfort and improve athletic performance, putting it in top condition. During an equine bodywork session, your horse is treated as a whole to discover the source of fascia restriction or muscle overuse.
Bodywork has been shown to:
- Improve athletic performance
- Address muscle restrictions
- Provide comfort from muscle tension
- Help reduce occurrence of muscle injuries
- Improve circulation
- Enhance overall muscle tone
- Increase range of motion
- Promote rapid healing of injuries
- Increase flow of nutrients to the muscles
- Hasten elimination of toxins
- Lengthen connective tissue
See how equine bodywork can help your horse – Call today for an appointment!
Canine Rehabilitation in Gaithersburg, MD
Being a dog, especially a dog involved in sport, can be rough on muscles, bones, and tendons. Sometimes, this leads to your dog getting injured and needing rehabilitation to get back in the game.
- Iliopsoas Strain
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament Repair (TPLO, TTA, TightRope, Extracapsular Stabilization)
- Patellar Luxation (Medial and Lateral)
- Meniscal injury
- Elbow injury (FCP, OCD, UAP, Jump Down Syndrome)
- Intervertebral Disc disease
- Lumbosacral disease
- Medial shoulder instability
- Total hip replacement
- Supraspinatus/Bicep Tendinopathy
- Hip Dysplasia
- Gracilis Myopathy
- Achilles tendon injury
Our skilled provider works with your dog to address the underlying cause of pain or injury, working to stabilize the bones and muscles so your dog not only heals the original injury, but also gets stronger to prevent further injury.
We offer multiple methods of rehabilitation to meet your dog’s unique healing needs, including:
- Core strengthening
- Home exercise program
- Cold laser
- Therapeutic ultrasound
Give your dog the help it needs to get back on its feet – Fast! Call today for an appointment!